|UNSCOOP(1)||General Commands Manual||UNSCOOP(1)|
unscoop — import
unscooputility imports plain text IRC logs into the litterbox(1) database. Network and channel or query names can be inferred from file paths, so
unscoopshould be run from the log directory root.
The current path being imported is printed to standard output. Progress based on total file size is printed to standard error.
The arguments are as follows:
- Delete duplicate events from overlapping imports and exit. This operation requires SQLite version 3.25.0 or newer.
- Override the network name of the imported logs.
- Override the channel or query name of the imported logs. Names beginning
#’ or ‘
&’ are assumed to be channels.
- Set the database path, which must have been initialized by litterbox(1). The default path is as in litterbox(1).
- Set the input log format. The default is
- Print SQL INSERT statements on standard error.
The formats are as follows:
- Import logs from the catgirl(1) IRC
find ~/.local/share/catgirl/log \ -type f -name '*.log' -print0 | xargs -0 unscoop -f catgirl
- Import logs using generic matchers. Network and context names are inferred
from paths of the form network/context/*. Events
of the following formats are matched:
[timestamp] <nick> privmsg [timestamp] -nick- notice [timestamp] * nick action
- Import logs formatted as IRC protocol messages tagged with
The network and context must be set with
- Import logs from the Textual IRC client.
find Textual -type f -name '*.txt' \ -not -path '*/Console/*' -print0 | xargs -0 unscoop -f textual
- Import logs from the WeeChat IRC client.
find ~/.weechat/logs -type f -name 'irc.*.weechatlog' \ -not -name 'irc.server.*.weechatlog' -print0 | xargs -0 unscoop -f weechat
unscoopis not able to correctly infer network and context names for channel names containing dots. Import these logs explicitly with
- Import logs from the znc(1)
find ~/.znc/moddata/log \ ~/.znc/users/*/moddata/log \ ~/.znc/users/*/networks/*/moddata/log \ -type f -name '*.log' \ -not -path '*/status/*' -print0 | xargs -0 unscoop -f znc
June Bug <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Send mail to
|May 18, 2021||OpenBSD 7.0|